Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy Birthday, My Love

Today is my best friend's birthday.  This is one of my favorite days of the year because I am so very thankful that he was born.  He is 29 today and doesn't look a day over 28.  ;)

My favorite thing about my husband is how much he makes me laugh.

On Sunday I was reminded of just how much fun we have when we are together and a lot of that is because he is constantly making me laugh whether he is making a joke or making fun of something I've done.

I am so very glad that 29 years ago God placed him in this world because I can't imagine my world without him.

He is

Kind
Caring
Sweet
Funny
Intelligent
Clever
Witty
Thoughtful
Friendly
Handsome
Athletic
and most of all, he is the man of God I always prayed for.

He challenges me to be the best version of myself.  He is not afraid to tell me when he thinks that I am not living up to my potential.  He checks me and allows me to check him too.  He challenges me to go outside of my box because he always wants people to see the me that he sees.  He has made my confidence sky rocket and continues to lift me up always.  He prays for me, for us, and for others.  He is the head of the household that I always wanted.  He has put in many hours to get to where he is today and I am enjoying getting to see him helping other people feel better and do what he has worked so hard to do.

He is handsome and I am so proud of the man he is and has shaped himself to be.  I say shaped himself because more than anyone I know, he is constantly looking inward and trying to better himself.  He is very critical of himself and holds himself to a higher standard.  He has made me more aware of self reflection and how to be aware of my faults, but also my strengths.  He completes me.

My favorite thing about him is that he realizes that nothing in this world is about him.  He reminds me often that it's not about us; it's about God and about His plan.  This has really helped me in the last year or so when I want to get down about certain circumstances.

The most recent thing I have discovered that I love about him is the way he is with my Grandma.  It takes a pretty special guy to offer to grandmasit, take her on rides, sit with her and talk to her, and to always try to make her laugh.  He is so good with her and I thank God that I married such a kind and sweet man.

I see the love of Jesus in him and through him every day.

Happy Birthday, my love.  You are my best friend and I love doing this thing called life with you.

Xoxo,

Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment