Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Bouquet

Today I was making some changes to my facebook today and in doing so I went through some wedding pictures. (Courtesy of Brad and Hayley Trone* -Use them they are awesome)  I'm completely serious when I say that I would do it all over again every month.  Every one tells you when you are engaged that it is so stressful or "just elope," but I wouldn't trade that day for anything in the world (except maybe if someone was holding Kyle hostage and said, "It's either your wedding or Kyle." I'd hesitate, then choose Kyle.)

There was so much about that day that I loved.  It was truly everything I had ever dreamed of it being.  It's true that as little girls we begin planning our wedding at a very early age.  We have a home video of me dressed up like a bride: dress, shoes, veil, and garter.  It was something I couldn't wait to do.


The first thing that made it so incredibly wonderful was the man that I knew would be waiting at the front of the church for me.  I mean, who wouldn't want to marry this guy?  The fact that he is handsome is just a plus on top of his many qualities.  He is hilarious.  He makes me laugh all the time and I love to be around him while he is making others laugh too.  He is smart - almost too smart.  He will explain something to me and when I don't understand it, he will say, "How can you not understand this?"  I think he forgets that I'm not as intelligent as he is because I'm so smart about dumb things that he doesn't know.  He is sensitive.  He doesn't show this side to very many people, which is what makes it so special to me.  He really treats me like a princess, which is what you hope for when you are a little girl.  And by princess, I don't mean he buys me jewels and fancy gowns.  There is more to our love than material things.






The next thing that made my day so very special was having Kyrie as my Maid of Honor.  Since 2nd grade she has been there for me when ever I needed it.  At every age, she was there.  She is a wonderful comforter and has a heart of gold, pure gold.  She is also absolutely gorgeous.  She was honestly way out of my league as far as best friends go and she was definitely way too popular, but that's one of the reasons I love her most; she didn't dump me ever for cooler people.  I loved having her there. 

The other part of my day that made it so special was my family that was there.  It was such a gift from God to have my 90 year old grandma be there with me.  I didn't cry all day until she walked in the dressing room to see me and she said, "Well, you just look beautiful."  If you know my grandma at all, you know that she is just about the sweetest thing on the planet; however, she is not really one to compliment.  I think I get that from her (which I'm working on.)  So, for her to say that to me was the best.  I not only heard it from her but in her voice I heard it from my granny who I miss all the time, my sweet granddad who I loved so very much, and my two grandfathers that were taken way too soon - before I could meet them.  I was so incredibly blessed to have my grandma, my dad, my mom, my brother, and my extended family there with me that day.  My one regret is not getting a picture of just me and my grandma. 

My favorite material thing from that day (besides the cake that was so delicious) was my bouquet.  I got the idea from a Facebook friend's blog and I knew I just had to have that.  I kept wavering on what flowers I wanted and what color to have in the bouquet.  I was not very into it at all so when I saw the idea for my bouquet I was so excited.  I had my mom and her friend Jerri help me construct it.  My favorite part about it is that I was able to put family jewelry and brooches on it.  I have stuff from my grandma, granny, great-grandmothers, great-great-grandmothers, and Kyle's grandparents too.  It's pretty special that the pocket watch is his granddad's.  It was so heavy, but so worth it.  I absolutely loved it and thought it was so very "me."  I encourage others to take the idea and run with it because it is also great that I get to keep it forever and pass it on.



*http://www.hayleyrheagan.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment