Sunday, December 1, 2013

Hair Tips from a True Hair Dummy

During my brief time in Chesterfield, I have gotten my hair cut at three different salons and by five different stylists.  During my time in Albuquerque, I got my hair cut by numerous different people as I just went and took whoever the salon put me with.  The same happened in Seattle.  And due to small town drama, I've also had my fair share of stylists in Carlsbad.

Over the course of my haircut history, I have been told/asked the same thing (in different ways) by most of the stylists:

1.  You have such healthy, beautiful hair.
2.  I can't believe this is your natural color.
3.  Do you dye your hair?
4.  Did you recently cut your hair short?  No?  Really?!  I'm surprised because most girls who are growing out their hair have such bad damage.
5.  Never dye your hair.  People dye their hair to get your color.
6.  I love your natural color and how much shine your hair has.

My favorite was on Friday when a Paul McCartney look-alike stylist, with a British accent, said to me, "You have nice hair."  I imagined it was actually Paul telling me that so of course in my head I said, "And you sir, have the voice of an angel."

Now, this blog is just meant to be silly.  I by no means think I actually know anything about hair, but when stylists spread out from the Pacific Northwest to the Midwest compliment my hair I can only begin to think that I must be doing something right.  Right?

After my haircut this past Friday I decided to share some of my hair tips with you.  So, basically, I am just going to tell you everything that I do.  Take it or leave it.

1. Go as long as you can without washing your hair.  I usually make it about three days. Shower caps are my best friend. 
2.  When conditioning, put most of the conditioner on the hair that would be in your ponytail and leave it on there while you do other stuff in the shower (soap, shave, sing, etc).
3.  Towel dry gently.
4.  Don't use a blow dryer.
5.  Let your hair drip dry.
6.  Go out into public with wet hair if you must.
7.  Sleep on a satin pillowcase (this I learned from my beautician Grandma).
8.  Brush your hair only when you feel guilty that you haven't in a while.
9.  Never style it with a flat iron, curling iron, or anything with heat. (If you must, maybe once a month, go for it).
10.  Constantly run your fingers through it.
11.  Rarely wear it in a ponytail.  (Seriously, like twice a month).
12.  Just wear it however it lies.
13.  When shampooing, massage your head really well, rinse, and let the rest of the shampoo get the ends of your hair as it's washing out. 
14.  Spray Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shimmering Keratin Oil on damp hair every so often.
15.  Basically, care less about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment