Saturday, November 9, 2013

November 9th, 2013

I am incredibly grateful for Christmas music.
I have a rule that as long as it's November, Christmas music is allowed.
There is an exception to that rule:  Christmas hymns are allowed whenever, all year long.

Just today I was playing O Come, O Come Emmanuel on the piano and my spirits were lifted 100 percent.  There are verses in that song that I never knew existed and they are wonderful.

For instance,

O come, Thou Key of David, come,
and open wide our heav'nly home,
make safe the way that leads on high,
that we no more have cause to sigh.

And,
O come, Desire of the nations, bind
in one the hearts of all mankind;
bid every strife and quarrel cease
and fill the world with heaven's peace. 
 
 
Tell me that those aren't just the most wonderful things to sing about.

There is something about Christmas hymns that just gives me such a sense of peace.  I was singing some of my favorites tonight and Kyle said from the other room, "I love Christmas music."  I told him that I did also and that I feel my voice was made for Christmas music.  I love to sing and I'm pretty decent at it.  I'm better than most reality housewives if that gives you an idea of my ability.  But, when I sing Christmas music, there is something that just fits.  I told Kyle, "I feel as if singing Christmas music is what I was made to do."  There is not really anything in the world that makes me feel like that.

For years and years now, I've wanted to be a known recording artist simply so I could record a Christmas album of my own.  I really care about nothing else but the Christmas album.  When I was younger and I was taking piano lessons, my teacher would gripe at me so much because I NEVER practiced.  I hated practicing . . . until Christmas would come along.  Around Christmas, she would get me Christmas piano books full of my favorite songs.  I would practice the ones I was supposed to work on and go ahead in the book to the others because I love Christmas music that much.

It's a dream of mine to one day record a Christmas album and it's one I really hope I see happen one day.

If you are one of those "Don't listen to Christmas music til after Thanksgiving people," you are missing out.  Capitalize on your time with the best music of the year.

Some of my other favorites are:

O Holy Night
Silent Night
Away in a Manger
I'll Be Home for Christmas
White Christmas
The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Santa, Baby
Sweet Little Jesus Boy
Angels We Have Heard on High


Xoxo,

Nicole

P.S. - I'm SO excited for all things Christmas!!!!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment