Sunday, November 3, 2013

November 3rd, 2013

Today, I am thankful for books. 

I am thankful for the writers of books and for their imaginations.  My imagination is so small and I love how a good book can really make me feel like I am a part of another world or someone else's life.  It's a wonderful thing to be able to escape for a little while to Narnia, or Hogwarts, or the Upper East Side of Manhattan. 

I am old school about books.  I do not like and will not ever like electronic readers.  E-readers to me are the worst thing to happen since i-Tunes.  There is just something about going to the library and scanning the shelves for a new book to read.  I love to sit in a chair with a blanket and hold a book.  I like taking my book with me places.  I like that people can see what I am reading and inquire about it.  I like when someone else is reading a book I can see what they are reading. 

I hope that books do not ever go out of style.  I hope they don't vanish the way VHS did when the DVD came along. 

Books smell good.  I love the smell of books.  I love the way the library smells when you enter it.  If I had my dream house, it would have a library built into it where I could just collect books and have them on display like some of these homes http://www.architecturaldigest.com/decor/2011-10/home-libraries-slideshow

Here are just ten of my favorite books:











Xoxo,

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment