Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November 5th, 2013

Today, I'd like to thank Jesus for my puppy, Mr. Tumnus.
More affectionately known as, Tummy.

Never in my life did I think I could love an animal as much as I love my little buddy.

I am grateful that nobody else wanted him.
I am grateful that he was so quiet and shy when I first met him (a kindred spirit.)
I am grateful that he is not the smartest breed because I'm convinced it makes for a better personality.
I am grateful that he rarely barks.
I am grateful that he is not scary.
I am grateful for the smiles he puts on the faces of people who see him with his head out my window.
I am grateful that he has so many weird habits like eating bugs on his back.
I am grateful that even when I have to get on to him, he wants to be close to me.
I am grateful that he follows me all over my house.
I am grateful that he is such a kind dog.
I am grateful that he is a cuddle bug.
I am grateful he jumps on us when we come home.   I know, la la la, dogs shouldn't jump, la la la.  I like it.  It makes me excited to come home.

There are so many times a day that either Kyle or I say, "That's my favorite thing he does," and it's always something different.  Clearly, we have trouble with just having one favorite.

The following list are just some of my favorite things about Mr. Tumnus.

1.  The excitement that follows me asking, "Do you want to go on a walk?"  He can be dead asleep and be asked that question and the response is always the same.  He jumps up, circles himself a million times, runs and jumps at whoever is in the room, runs and jumps up on the door, and then finally jumps up excitedly at the front gate.

2. The way he pokes his head through our bathroom door.  We have a really weird accordion type door and he always pushes a little bit of it open and then pokes his face in between it. 

3.  The way he rushes to our bedroom when either of us says, "Do you want to go to bed?"  He absolutely LOVES going to our bed. 

4.  The way he is cuddles up by us in the mornings.

5.  The way he cocks his head to the side when I ask him questions.

6.  The way he darts through the house so insanely fast and jumps off the back of the couch when we play chase.

7.  The way he follows me everywhere around the house and how he sits patiently waiting on me to go back to wherever I was before.

8.  The way he sits in the middle of the hallway when Kyle and I are in opposite rooms because his heart is torn as to who he should be with.

9.  The way he lays on our chest when we are laying on the couch.

10.  They way he really will cuddle with anyone who will let him.

11.  The way he digs and digs at the mattress and moves the blankets and pillows with his nose to get the perfect spot ready.

12.  The way he peeks his head in the shower if someone is in there.

13.  The way he paces while he is eating food.  He rarely just sits and eats his food.

14.  The way he looks out the window when Kyle or I leave.

15.  The way he LOVES company. 

16.  The way he races to the kitchen when he hears me open what sounds like the bag of carrots.  He loves carrots so much.

17.  The way having him around makes me talk like a complete fool.  It's beyond baby talk.  It's a problem. 


He is just the best dog and is constantly making me laugh.  He is a great pick-me-up after a long day or a bad day.  He is so excited to see me even if I just run to the car. 

I am so grateful for his company when Kyle is not around.  He really is man's best friend.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of my little bear.  

Everyone says I look like a Teddy Bear; I don't get it.

Cuddling with Daddy.

May I come in, please?

Wait, where are you going?!

Sigh.

If I lay on the sheets she won't be able to make the bed and she will have to cuddle.

Kisses from my best friend.

Having once lived under the reign of the White Witch, I don't mind a little snow.

OU fan.

Can you please open the door?

No Shave November.

I don't think TSA will notice me.

First night with the new guys.

My hair was so dark when I was a puppy.

Nothing better than snuggling with mom and dad on a lazy Sunday.

Patiently waiting for mom to come join us in the living room.

Deep in thought.

She takes way too many pictures.

I know you are trying to clean in there, but please let me in.

Exploring Narnia.

I hope if you have a dog or a cat, that you love them as much as I love this little guy.


Xoxo,

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment