Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Grammy's




Here are my thoughts on the Grammy's (performances, fashion, celebs, etc.):

1.  Ciara was best dressed for me.  I mean that dress was beautiful.  Her hair is so simple.  She looks so great . . . and she's PREGNANT. 




2.  Taylor Swift's dress was pretty cool too.  It looked heavy.  But it was a great dress.  She always just seems so humble and down to earth.  Not to mention, she is always having a blast and it looks like she just loves music.  I was not a fan of her headbanging at the piano though.  That was weird, right?


3.  Beyonce and Jay-Z's "Drunk in Love" performance did absolutely nothing for me.  I thought it was terrible.  Maybe you are supposed to be drunk to enjoy it, I don't know.  My opinion is probably not the same as 99% of other Americans, but whatev.  I was truly watching it (post hearing about how great it was) and saying to myself, "Am I missing something?  Is this the performance I keep hearing about?"  In all honesty though, they seem like a really great couple.  I bet they have fun in their marriage.



4.  I enjoyed Imagine Dragons and Kendrick Lamar's performance.  Who is Kendrick Lamar, btw?  I just googled him and apparently he is a little less than a year older than me and his last name is Duckworth.  Thank you very much, Mr. Duck(s)worth.  Quack, quack, quack, Mr. Duck(s)worth.  Solid performance.

5.  I was surprised Tay Swift's album "Red" would be considered country?  Like, did I hear a different "Red" album?  I'm pretty sure mine was as pop as could be.  I felt increasingly old watching the Grammy's because I didn't know a good number of the people on it.  For instance, Kacey Musgraves?  Who the heck is she and where can I get a pair of those light up boots?  While I was not a huge fan of the words in her song, I did like that the style of her song reflected the country that once was. 


6.  Paul McCartney is timeless.  I've seen Paul McCartney live twice now and all I can say is he is flawless.  He also has a really great band that travels with him (one that is a slightly less attractive Phil Dunphy) and I felt bad for the drummer who is very talented but had to play in the dark so Ringo Starr could do his little beats in the spotlight.  I know, I know, he was a Beatle.  It still doesn't mean he was good.

Rusty Anderson (Phil Dunphy) and Sir Paul


7.  John Legend is talented.  Daft Punk is dumb.  The end.

8.  Lorde, AKA Ella Maria Lani Yelich-O'Connor, scared me a little bit in her performance, but I like her.  She seems sweet.  I don't think it was really as much her that scared me as much as it was the angles they shot her from at times.


9.  Pharrell's hat was ridic . . . and not in a good way.    Only Smokey the Bear can pull that off. 

10.  Madonna sounded weird and how old is she?  She seemed a lot older than I remember her being.  I was not a huge fan of the whole Macklemore performance.  I think he is really good at what he does and what I take away from that song is, "When I was at church they taught me something else: 
If you preach hate at the service those words aren't anointed."  Other than that, I thought it was kind of a big spectacle.  La, la, la, people probably disagree, but whatever.  I will say that I thought the gal that sings with them on the song, Mary Lambert, did way better than the last award show I saw her on.  She seemed more in her element and not as nervous, so good for her. 

And those are pretty much my thoughts on the Grammy's, as if anyone cared.  Probably not watching next year. 

P.S. Yoko broke up the Beatles but I think she is kind of cute as an older little Asian lady.  :)  (Shhhh!  Don't tell my husband!)

Xoxo, 

Nicole










No comments:

Post a Comment