Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Frame It

Today I thought I would share a little decorating idea that I had and that I have put into use in my home.

Trader Joe's has the cutest cards for 99 cents.  I'm truly a sucker for anything cute for 99 cents.  They switch out the cards regularly so when I see a super cute one, I grab it.  I've even bought multiple of some cards just because I like them so much.  Some are just pretty and some have quotes that I fall in love with.

I have always loved cards and when I'm shopping for a card to send someone I'm always thinking, "Man, I wish someone would send me this card.  If they did I would keep it and frame it."  This thought led me to my decorating idea:  Framing cards as decor.  All the ones I have framed are from Trader Joe's because they fit so nicely in a 5X7 basic white frame from Michaels (6.99).

Here are some I've framed, two of which are part of my kitchen fall decor.  The last one is my favorite find at Trader Joe's because it says, "You are one of my nicest thoughts," has hot air balloons, and is a Georgia O'Keefffe quote.  In other words, it's pretty much made for a New Mexican.

"Give Thanks"

Be Happy-It's one way of being wise."

The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.  -Audrey Hepburn

You are one of my nicest thoughts . . . " -Georgia O'Keeffe

 Xoxo,

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment