Monday, November 16, 2009

A Dream is A Wish







About two weeks ago I decided to give up drinking vanilla diet cokes from Sonic and decided to instead, give the money I would be spending there to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I went on the website and found a little boy that I would like to make my donation in honor of. His name is Grayson and he has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. This occurs when parts of the left side of the heart (mitral valve, left ventricle aortic valve, and aorta) do not develop completely. Grayson had his first heart surgery when he was only 11 days old.

Reading Grayson's wish story allowed me to see beyond myself. This little boy who has had multiple surgeries throughout the mere four years he has been alive just wanted to go to Sanibel Island, Florida. He finally was at a place in his health where he could travel and his wish was granted. While little Grayson wishes to go to Sanibel Island, not complaining about his life, I sit and feel sorry for myself because I can't have certain things in my life right now.

The sweetest part of his story is that when he heard his wish was granted, he looked at his older siblings and said, "“I'm takin' you to Sanibel!” So, Grayson, I have saved up $16.16 so far in honor of you, kiddo.

Thanks for making me realize I have more than I could ever need.

Sanibel Island, Florida

To read Grayson's story go to:


For other inspiring stories visit:







No comments:

Post a Comment