Friday, February 5, 2010

Men

Men often scare me.
I wonder if I stereotype.
I don't think I do it on purpose, but sometimes I think I am right.
On the way out of the movie tonight I saw a guy and I thought, "This guy could be trouble."
I immediately got nervous, grabbed my pepper spray inside my purse just as he called out, "Hey, you're beautiful."

I most cases, I would be flattered, but rather than feeling warm inside I felt angry.
Angry that he has the power to scare me.
Angry that he took something that would normally not be a threat, and made it one.

I get so irritated with men like that.
I get so mad that because of guys like that, I don't want to go anywhere by myself at night.

I am very independent.
What is weird is that men like that make me feel like I need a man around.

I think the most frustrating thing is that I was not at all good looking today, and guys like that make me want to not look good at all in order to prevent feeling threatened.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment