Monday, February 15, 2010

A Weekend at Home

This past weekend was very bittersweet.  I loved my time at home with my Valentine, but at the same time it didn't feel like home when I was at my house.  All the walls are painted bland colors, the cabinets too.  The knick-knacks are gone so the house looks big and somewhat not lived in.  Other than that, it was wonderful.

The more time I spend with Kyle, the more I wonder how we didn't get together sooner.  I have honestly never known someone that I can spend endless hours with and never grow tired of.  I have told him before that I miss him even when are still together just thinking about not being with him.  I think that is pretty rare that you miss someone before they are even gone.

He gave me the cutest Harry Potter Valentine's because I had told him how in elementary school I had always been the only one of my friends to not have a valentine.  Plus, I am pretty sure I am Hermione nad he is Ron.

We made dinner last night for Valentine's Day and it was so yummy!  It was fun making it together and shopping for all of the ingredients.  I always leave home with a little ache in my heart knowing it will be however long until I see him again.  The worst feeling is not knowing for sure when I will see him again.  I like to know that in x amount of days, I will get to see him.  It gives me something to look forward to, and I like to know what's going to happen.

When I got to his house Thursday night, he gave me his Logan: College of Chiropractic pin and said, "Since your my girl, I thought you could wear my pin."  I have worn it everyday since.  I love that old-fashioned idea, especially since we won't be in the same town, let alone the same state when he goes off to school in the fall.

I really feel so incredibly blessed to have him in my life and I can't imagine a better person for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment